Wright-Ryan Construction is seeking an experienced Field Superintendent with a minimum of 3 years of construction experience working in a supervisory role, such as Foreman.
This position plays a key role in ensuring Wright Ryan’s project quality and profit objectives are met by providing onsite management of all labor, materials, equipment, safety, security and subcontractors at WR jobsites. This person makes a significant contribution to the smooth, forward progress of each project, creatively and expertly handling problems as they arise. Strong and ongoing communication with the project manager is essential as well as managing long term relationships with owners, architects and subcontractors.
Wright-Ryan is a Maine based company offering unparalleled quality and customer service to our clients and to each member of the Wright-Ryan team. Our experience and reputation allow each of us the opportunity to contribute to exciting and diverse projects in the Commercial, Institutional and Residential markets. Our size fosters the camaraderie, sense of community and supportive environment key to our success.
Please pay close attention to the “required” qualifications below. If you meet the criteria, you may email a resume and cover letter to the email address below. No phone calls, please. If you are selected for a screening interview, you will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in employment with Wright-Ryan Construction.
- Management experience in projects from $3 to $7 MM in size (or assistant on larger projects)
- 5 years of experience in or around a variety of trades
- Knowledge of the full construction process from ground-breaking to completion
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and an ability to identify and promptly address issues that impact performance
- Proficiency with computer software applications, including general office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and accomplish company objectives by maintaining and fostering a strong sense of personal responsibility and urgency
- Ability to independently prioritize, make timely decisions and rapidly respond to changes and problems while using WR priorities and past practices as guidelines
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment and to adjust to changes in priorities and work plans
- Ability to read construction drawings, plans, and specifications and to quickly and accurately interpret the information for WR crews and subcontractors
- Ability to lead and motivate WR field staff and subcontractors
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local regulations such as building codes and OSHA requirements
- Associate’s Degree or Equivalent in a construction or related field
Wright-Ryan offers a competitive employee benefits package that includes health, dental, life, short-term disability, retirement and paid time off.
Human Resources – Email: Jobs@wright-ryan.com
Wright-Ryan Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation.