Join our winning team and work for a Maine employer of choice! Wright-Ryan is currently seeking a full-time, experienced Field Carpenter with a minimum of 5 years of residential carpentry experience to join our Residential Services Division. The individual in this position will work on residential projects that include maintenance, warranty, renovations/additions for WR Homes’ current customers. This position works under the supervision of a lead carpenter or foreman to ensure that Residential Services’ commitments are met through the efficient and effective completion of all basic field carpentry activities. Our valued carpenters are part of a career ladder, so if you are interested in advancement this may be the position for you. Carpenters who demonstrate sound carpentry, leadership and technology skills have the potential to move into a Lead Carpenter position.
- Availability to work 40 hours per week
- Reliable transportation and punctuality
- Stable work history
- Experience with a wide variety of construction materials and fastening systems and jobsite activities
- Ability to read blueprints and plans and identify problems
- Ability to troubleshoot or identify basic electrical, plumbing or refrigeration issues a plus
- Knowledge of the construction process and carpentry’s role
- Awareness of how carpentry integrates with related trades involved in residential work
- Strong verbal communication skills and a focus on teamwork to ensure the crew’s success
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to pace and accuracy
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma and/or technical education in a construction related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of general residential carpentry experience (frame to finish)
We appreciate your interest in employment with Wright-Ryan Construction. Please pay close attention to the “required” qualifications. If you meet these criteria, please email a resume and cover letter or email to email@example.com — no phone calls please. If you are selected for a screening interview, we will be in contact with you.
As an employer of choice, Wright-Ryan is a Maine based, employee-owned company offering unparalleled quality, service to our clients, and meaningful work for each member of the Wright-Ryan team. Our size fosters the camaraderie, sense of community and supportive environment key to our success. This, in turn, creates excellent opportunities for employees with a desire personal growth.
Wright-Ryan offers a competitive employee benefits package that includes a 401(k) Plan with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), health, dental, life, short-term disability, retirement and paid time off.