Bowdoin College‘s Stevens House dorm was originally constructed in 1860 and converted by Wright-Ryan Construction into a modern residence hall for 35 Bowdoin College students. Renovations include sustainable building systems such as heating, ventilation, power, and lighting. Pine benches and wainscoting were constructed with re-purposed material which originally served as spectator seating in the 1956 Dayton Ice Arena. Photovoltaic solar panels and energy-efficient lighting (including LED) offset the building’s electricity requirements. For these and other sustainable details, the project was awarded LEED Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council.